Friday, August 5, 2011

Recipe for Exhaustion!

So...due to some unfortunate, unexpected events I did not get started even baking my cupcakes until like 9:30pm last night! I don't cut corners and quality control is super important to me so I was up baking and decorating until 12:30.

The marshmallow flower technique turned out beautifully and was actually fairly easy. It just took forever, and quite frankly I do not care if I see another mini marshmallow again. The task of cutting and dipping the marshmallow petals was incredibly tedious. The turned out great though....


My chocolate shapes turned out AWFUL! Just awful! I think I am going to need some kind of stencil or better bags and tips to make them! So...since that didn't go as planned I decided to pipe the rest and use my a few of the sprinkles from my ginormous stash, I also did some marble frosting. I think they turned out okay, but I was getting a little tired.....


Unfortunately I am unable to attend the picnic my cupcakes are going to, but I hope everyone there enjoys them! Despite it taking soooo darn long and staying up so late I actually enjoyed decorating them! Decorating is super therapeutic and relaxing for me!

I hope everyone has a super weekend. I will be scouring my cupcake recipes today to choose some flavors for the week!

Thanks for reading!


AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment